1. Can we drink alcohol on board?
- YES! The city of Medford is amazing to work with and the law has been changed and now we CAN drink beer, wine and cider on the bikes. Please do not abuse this privilege that we’ve worked so hard to achieve. Feel free to bring your own beer, cider, and wine aboard Pint Rider and enjoyed while in motion. Individual cans or bottles are NOT allowed. Riders are allowed to bring up to 3 growlers or 2 bottles of wine on Pint Rider. Half Pint is allowed to bring up to 2 growlers or 1 bottle of wine. Plastic cups are provided and we do sell commemorative silicone Silipints for $10 each as well. NO HARD LIQUOR, MIXED DRINKS or glass bottles (wine and growlers are the only exception).
2. Do I have to have a reservation?
3. How old must I be to ride?
- All riders MUST be a minimum 21 years of age and are required to show proof of ID at the time of check in. No exceptions.
4. Can I bring glass?
- No. Per city regulations glass is not allowed on the bike at ANYTIME. Plastic cups are provided and we do sell commemorative silicone Silipints for $10 each
5. I lost my confirmation email. Where do I check in?
- The Pint Rider checks in at Growler King 1211 East Jackson Street. The Half Pint checks in at Common Block Brewing at 315 East 5th Street. We ask you get there 20 minutes prior to tour start time. Feel free to use this time as an unofficial first stop and start the fun before you HOP ON.
6. Where does it end?
- Both tour starts and ends at the same place you started.
7. Do you have parking available?
- There is plenty of free parking, but try to carpool if possible. Please do not park directly in front. Leave that for the customers while you’re out on the tour.
8. What does the tour entail?
- 2.5 hour pub crawl that makes 3-4 stops.
- There are only certain areas we are allowed to park so each time we stop, your driver will give you the options of the closest bars and what the specials are. You can choose to go into any bar in the area. We do not specifically visit every partner bar due to time restrictions.
- You are not required to go into the bars. You are welcome to hang out on the bike, pedal around more, take pictures and play games!
9. What’s included?
- An experienced, fun and friendly tour captain
- Cooler stocked with ice and cups
10. Do I pay in full up front?
- Yes, all tours are paid in full when you book your tour online or over the phone. Book a tour here.
11. When should I arrive?
- Arrive 20 minutes prior to your tour start time and use this time as your unofficial first stop, make sure everyone filled out their waivers and go over safety rules.
12. Can I stand up while riding?
- Sorry, but everyone must stay seated while we are moving.
13. What is the cancellation policy?
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
14. What is the weather policy?
- We’re in Oregon, we ride rain or shine.
- You will be notified of cancellation due to weather – do not assume your tour is cancelled unless you are contacted by us. We are required by regulation to cancel with lightening or severe weather.
- 40 degrees or below or 100 degrees or above you will be given the option to reschedule.
- You will not receive a refund if your group decides against riding in the rain.
- Weather cancellations are not made until the start of the tour.
15. Is it really pedal power?
- Heck yes! This baby is all pedal power…thousands of others have conquered this before you so we know you can do it!
16. How many people can ride?
- For Pint Rider, 7 minimum, no more than 15. For the Half Pint tour, 4 minimum, no more than 6.
17. What if I don’t have 7 people in my group?
- A minimum of 7 people are required for the Pint Rider tour. If you have less than 7, book the Half Pint option.
18. How does this thing fit 15 people?
- There are 12 bike seats and the bench on back holds 3 people.
19. What if I can’t pedal?
- No problem! There are only 10 seats that have pedals. 5 riders do not pedal.
20. What if I have more than 15 people?
- Rent both Pint Rider and Half Pint for the same day, same time. This will allow you to host up to 21 guest.
21. We just have a couple people over 15. Is there anyway we can just fit a couple more on?
- Unfortunately the answer to this is always no. We can only allow 15 passengers on Pint Rider at one time due to insurance and city regulations.
22. How long is it?
- All tours are 2.5 hours long.
23. Is there music?
- Absolutely! We have a stereo with an auxiliary cord and bluetooth. You are welcome to hook up your iPod or MP3 player or your driver will provide a great playlist for you. All music must be socially appropriate.
24. Can I take pictures?
- YOU are paying US right?? Absolutely you can take pictures! Our guides are more than happy (and very experienced) to take pictures with whatever devices you have & as many as you would like. We are at your service! Make sure to use #pintrider when posting on your social media pages.
25. What should I wear?
- Please dress appropriate for predicted weather conditions.
- Tennis shoes, sandals, boots are fine. We do not suggest high heels.
26. Is it dangerous?
- It is no more hazardous than riding a regular bicycle. However, as with everything, there is always risk involved so passengers ride at their own risk.
27. Can I ride if I’m pregnant?
- This is up to your discretion and we suggest checking with your doctor first. If you choose to ride, we suggest sitting on the bench rather than a pedal seat to ensure your safety.
28. Can I decorate?
- Absolutely! Decorations are welcome. All decorations must be socially appropriate. Please note we cannot cover our signs with decorations at any time.
29. Should I tip the guide?
- Our captains work for tips so it is always much appreciated!
30. I want to advertise on the Pint Rider bike. Who do I contact?